Daily Current Affairs for Banking,SSC, UPSC & Govt Exams
Welcome to the Daily Current Affairs Section of Study bihar. These are fact based questions written mainly for aspirants of Banking, SSC, UPSC ,Govt exams, State PCS examinations and other examinations of similar nature. Currently, we update Current Affairs everyday.
Current Affairs 03 August 2019
- Miss England 2019: Indian-British Dr. Bhasha Mukherjee
- CCI to name gate after legendary cricketer Vijay Merchant
- On 2 August 2019, IT services firm Mindtree named Debashis Chatterjee as its new Managing Director (MD) and Chief Executive Officer (CEO). He is a former Cognizant executive.
- World Bank data for 2018 reveals that India has been pushed to the Seventh place in the global GDP rankings with the UK and France going ahead to the fifth and sixth spots.
- Chandrayaan-2 orbit successfully raised for Fourth time: ISRO
- On 2 August 2019, Pakistan has opened the doors of the historic “Gurdwara Chowa Sahib” in Punjab province of Pakistan to Sikh devotees after 72 years of Partition.
Current Affairs 06 October 2017
- Snow leopard photographed for first time in Arunachal Pradesh.
- Banwarilal Purohit sworn in as Governor of Tamil Nadu.
- Kazuo Ishiguro selected for 2017 Nobel Prize in Literature.
- India, Ethiopia sign agreements on trade, communication.
- Fact Box: Embryo transfer technology (ETT).
- India signs €300 million agreement with European Investment Bank for Bangalore Metro Phase II.
Current Affairs 05 October 2017
- Government launches Paryatan Parv to boost tourism.
- Ganga Prasad sworn in as Governor of Meghalaya.
- India, Djibouti sign pact on bilateral consultations.
Current Affairs 04 October 2017
- Turtle Sanctuary to be set up in Allahabad.
- Foundation stone for national waterway on Krishna River laid.
- Core sector growth rises to 4.9% in August 2017.
- Soumya Swaminathan appointed as Deputy DG of WHO.
- Sibir: World’s biggest and most powerful nuclear icebreaker ship launched by Russia.
- Karnataka Government launches Mathru Poorna scheme.
Current Affairs 03 October 2017
- 2017 Nobel Prize in physics goes to the discovery of Gravitational Waves.
- Government launches SECURE Himalaya Project.
- Scientist develop rapid test to diagnose Zika and dengue.
- Global Wildlife Programme Conference held in New Delhi.
- Government unveils third National Wildlife Action Plan for 2017-2031.
- President appoints Commission to Examine OBC Sub-categorisation.
- Sri Meenakshi Sundareswarar Temple adjudged as cleanest iconic place.
- October 2: World Habitat Day.
Current Affairs 02 October 2017
- Three US-born scientists win 2017 Nobel Medicine Prize.
- NHAI launches countrywide Free Eye Check-up Campaign.
- India gets first-ever U.S. crude shipment.
- Odisha Government creating land bank for industrial allocation.
- 2 October: International Day of Non-violence.
Current Affairs 01 October 2017
Current Affairs 30 September 2017
- President appoints governors for 5 states.
- Veteran Actor Tom Alter passes away.
- ARPAN 3.0: Government rolls out new automation software for Defence Security Corps.
- EESL to procure 10,000 electric vehicles from Tata Motors.
- VNL, BSNL ink MoU to launch Relief 123 service for disaster management in India.
- 3rd India International Science Festival to be held in Chennai.
- 30 September: International Translation Day.
Current Affairs 29 September 2017
- TK Viswanathan Committee Recommendations to deal with hate speech on internet.
- Government finalising Electoral Bonds Scheme.
- India and Norway sign Letter of Intent to bilateral extend health cooperation.
- Gujarat to be first big state to use EVMs with VVPAT.
Current Affairs 28 September 2017
- Indian Railways to launch 100 New Suburban Rail Services in Mumbai area.
- September 28: World Maritime Day.
- Directorate General of Quality Assurance celebrates its Diamond Jubilee.
- CARA launches monthly Jan Sampark Program to facilitate adoption.
- Scientists detect Gravitational waves for fourth time.
- ADB to increase Annual Lending to India to $4 billion.
- Aquatic Rhabdops: New species of non-venomous aquatic snake discovered in Western Ghats.
- NDMA��s 13th Formation Day observed
Current Affairs 27 September 2017
- Cabinet approves umbrella scheme of Modernisation of Police Forces
- Cabinet approves pacts signed by Exim Bank under BRICS mechanism.
- Cabinet approves Bilateral Investment Treaty between India and Belarus.
- Cabinet approves MoU between India and Afghanistan for Cooperation on Police Training and Development.
- India ranks 40th in 2017 Global Competitiveness Index
- Kandla Port renamed as Deendayal Port
- 27 September: World Tourism Day
Current Affairs 26 September 2017
- Government launches Electronic Negotiable Warehouse Receipt System.
- INS TARASA commissioned into Indian Navy.
- ISRO’s Mars Orbiter Mission completes 3 years in orbit.
- DRUZBA 2017: Pakistan, Russia hold joint military drill.
- India ranks third in nuclear power installations: study.
Current Affairs 25 September 2017
- Rajiv Mehrishi sworn in as CAG of India.
- Osiris-Rex: NASA’s asteroid-bound spacecraft swings by Earth.
- V-409: Indian Coast Guard’s interceptor boat launched.
- CNR Rao selected for 2017 Von Hippel Award.
Current Affairs 23 September 2017
- Government launches Pradhan Mantri LPG Panchayat.
- Government launches Pt. Deen Dayal Upadhayay Vigyan Gram Sankul Pariyojana.
- Deendayal Hastkala Sankul: Government launches trade facilitation centre for handicraftS.
- NITI Aayog’s SATH Program launched in Assam.
- RBI takes masala bonds out of corporate bond limit for FPIs.
- FTSE SBI Bond Index: India’s first bond index series launched by SBI.
- Newton: India’s official entry to Oscars 2018.
Current Affairs 22 September 2017
- NITI Aayog, International Road Federation ink SoI for Intelligent Transportation Systems.
- INS Kalavari: India’s first home built submarine handed over to Indian Navy.
- Scientists create world’s first molecular robot.
- 2006 VW139/288P: Astronomers spot strange binary asteroid with comet-like features.
- India’s first electric bus service launched in Himachal Pradesh.
- VASTRA 2017: An International Textile and Apparel Fair 2017 held in Jaipur.
Current Affairs 21 September 2017
- India, Russia to collaborate on Bangladesh nuclear plant.
- RBI to regulate peer-to-peer lending firms as NBFCs: Government.
- India joins quantum computing race.
- Chabahar Port likely to be operational by end-2018: Government.
- ONGC discovers oil in Arabian sea near Mumbai High.
- Floating B4 boat labs to study the Brahmaputra River.
Current Affairs 20 September 2017
- India to hold first BIMSTEC Disaster Management exercise.
- BCCI nominates MS Dhoni for Padma Bhushan award.
- Commemorative Coins on Dr. M.S. Subbulakshmi released.
- CCEA extends Special Industry Initiative for J&K- Udaan Scheme.
- Cabinet approves revamped Khelo India Programme.
- Cabinet approves rationalization and modernization of Government Press.
Current Affairs 19 September 2017
- Jharkhand Government launches Shaheed Gram Vikas Yojana.
- YC Modi appointed as DG of NIA.
- Rajni Kant Mishra appointed new DG of SSB.
- Law Ministry approves Fugitive Economic Offenders Bill, 2017.
- SEBI allows REITs, InvITs to raise funds via debt securities.
Current Affairs 18 September 2017
- Intelligence wing of Sashastra Seema Bal launched.
- Tez: Google’s UPI-based digital payment service launched.
- 69th Primetime Emmy Awards.
- PM Narendra Modi dedicates Sardar Sarovar Dam to nation.
- Yudh Abhyas 2017: Joint India-US military exercise.
- PV Sindhu wins 2017 Korea Open title.
- GSTN reopens composition scheme window for small traders.
Current Affairs 17 September 2017
Current Affairs 16 September 2017
- ATAGS: Indigenous artillery gun sets new record in range.
- 16 September: International Day for Preservation of Ozone Layer.
- Arjan Singh: Sole marshal of IAF passes away.
- India’s Forex reserves cross $400 billion for first time.
- Snow leopard no longer endangered: IUCN.
- India, Japan ink MoU set up India-Japan Act East Forum.
Current Affairs 15 September 2017
- Government launches nationwide Swachhta Hi Seva Campaign.
- IAF successfully conducts development trials of Astra missile.
- Government signs $76 Million loan deal with JICA to Upgrade Alang-Sosiya Shipyards.
- India, China unlikely to be growth poles for global economy: UNCTAD Report.
- India-Japan ink open sky agreement.
- Ministry of Corporate Affairs, CBDT ink MoU for Automatic and Regular Exchange of Information.
- Government to grant citizenship to Chakma, Hajong refugees.
- Scientists create first global map of water on Moon.
Current Affairs 14 September 2017
- 14 September: National Hindi Divas.
- INDRA 2017: India-Russian to conduct first tri-services military exercise.
- Chennai-Vladivostok sea route: India’s effort to counter China’s OBOR .
Current Affairs 13 September 2017
- Government launches Wood is Good Campaign.
- UGC rolls out application process for institutes seeking status of eminence.
- Mouse deer reintroduced for first time in Telangana forest.
- CCEA approves Dairy Processing & Infrastructure Development Fund.
- ZSI releases first compendium of animal species in Indian Sundarbans.
- India, Belarus sign 10 pacts to expand cooperation.
- India’s first advanced Homoeopathy Virology lab inaugurated in Kolkata.
Current Affairs 12 September 2017
- CCEA approves survey project of Un-appraised Areas of Sedimentary Basins.
- Cabinet approves Payment of Gratuity (Amendment) Bill, 2017.
- Cabinet approves hiving off BSNL’s mobile tower assets into a separate company.
- Cabinet approves MoU between India and Japan in field of Silk Industry.
- UNSC unanimously adopts new sanctions against North Korea.
- Government reconstitutes six Committees of Cabinet.
- FoSCoRIS: FSSAI launches online platform for food inspection, sampling.
- London tops in 2017 Global Financial Centres Index.
Current Affairs 11 September 2017
- Navika Sagar Parikrama: India’s first all-women circumnavigation expedition flagged-off.
- Government to launch Project Insight.
- IAU names two Pluto mountains after Tenzing Norgay, Edmund Hillary.
- Labeo filiferus: New species of edible fish found in Pampa river in Kerala.
- Rafael Nadal wins 2017 US Open title.
- Commerce Ministry launches [email protected] for effective resolution of foreign trade-related issues.
Current Affairs 9 September 2017
- 3rd Generation ATGM NAG successfully test fired.
- Jordon launches Sahara Forest Project.
- Bharat Petroleum set to get Maharatna status.
- India imposes countervailing duty on some Chinese steel products for 5 years.
- Scientists make cheap and clean fuel from air.
- CGWB inks MoA with IISc for development of ground water flow models.
- Government issues rules for no-fly list.
Current Affairs 8 September 2017
- Government extends FAME India Scheme by six-month.
- Indian Army to induct women in military police.
- India refuses to sign Bali Declaration over Rohingya issue.
- 8 September: International Literacy Day.
- Parali I island: Uninhabited Lakshadweep island vanishes.
- Inder Jit Singh appointed as Chairperson of National Authority Chemical Weapons Convention.
- Viveck Goenka elected as chairman of Press Trust of India.
Current Affairs 7 September 2017
- India’s first Hyperloop to come up in Andhra Pradesh.
- CSIR scientists develop artificial leaf create hydrogen fuel from sunlight, water.
- UJALA scheme launched in Melaka, Malaysia.
- World University Rankings 2018: IISc ranked highest from India.
- NITI Aayog constitutes Expert Task Force on Employment and Exports.
- SLINEX 2017: India-Sri Lanka joint maritime naval exercise.
- India, Japan to step up defence cooperation.
- TRAI recommends delicensing of some spectrum for M2M services.
Current Affairs 6 September 2017
- NITI Aayog launches National Nutrition Strategy.
- Health Ministry launches two new contraceptives.
- China bans Initial Coin Offering.
- Fact Box: The Code on Wages Bill, 2017.
- Jharkhand Governor gives assent to Religious Freedom Bill, 2017.
Current Affairs 5 September 2017
- 9th BRICS summit held in Xiamen, China.
- HDFC Bank listed in Domestic Systemically Important Banks.
- Government forms task force for speedy implementation Namami Gange.
- Surya Kiran: Indo-Nepal joint Military exercise.
- Disability pension for defence forces at par with civilians: Government.
- 5 September: National Teachers Day.
Current Affairs 4 September 2017
- CBDT signs 4 more Advance Pricing Agreements.
- Link-4 of SAUNI Scheme: President Ram Nath Kovind lays foundation stone.
- CIPAM-DIPP launches social media campaign to promote Geographical Indications.
- CERT-In issues alert on Locky Ransomware.
- Five banks of BRICS nations sign pact for credit lines.
- Breakthrough Mission Project detects 15 radio bursts from dwarf galaxy.
- TRAPPIST-1 planets likely to have water.
- 2017 Union Ministerial Reshuffle.
Current Affairs 3 September 2017
- Nirmala Sitharaman: India’s first full time woman Defence Minister.
Current Affairs 2 September 2017
- SAAB, Adani Group announce collaboration for defence manufacturing.
- India-ETFA to hold FTA talks.
- Assam for first time extends AFSPA orders on its own.
- Ahmedabad’s Walled City gets World Heritage City Certificate.
- Rajaswa Gyan Sangam 2017 held in New Delhi.
- Sports Ministry approves constitution of Empowered Steering Committee.
- Volcanic carbon dioxide drove ancient global warming: Study.
Current Affairs 1 September 2017
- National Nutrition Week: 1 to 7th September.
- XFEL: World’s biggest and powerful X-ray laser gun unveilded.
- Government plans to create FarmerZone.
- Rajiv Kumar takes charge as NITI Aayog Vice-Chairman.
- Rajiv Mehrishi appointed as Comptroller and Auditor General of India.
- Trade-distorting farm subsidies must go: India-China.
- Sunil Arora appointed Election Commissioner.
- Eight core sectors growth slips to 2.4% in July 2017.
Current Affairs 31 August 2017
- US approves first gene therapy for cancer.
- CCS approves first phase of Army reforms.
- Konkani writer Mahabaleshwar Sail receives 2016 Saraswati Samman.
- India-Myanmar to sign MoU for conservation of quake-damaged Pagodas at Bagan.
Current Affairs 30 August 2017
- IIT Researchers develops bioartificial implantable pancreas.
- Cabinet approves MoU between India-Brazil for cooperation in Zebu Cattle Genomics and ARTs.
- Cabinet approves promulgation of GST (Compensation to States) Ordinance, 2017.
- Cabinet approves MoU on India-Israel Industrial R&D and Technological Innovation Fund.
- NITI Aayog proposes Judicial Performance Index for lower judiciary.
- Government to release new industrial policy.
- Delhi Police launches YUVA – a skill development programme.
- Government clears 100% strategic sale of CEL.
Current Affairs 29 August 2017
- IAEA opens world’s first low Enriched Uranium bank in Kazakhstan.
- West Bengal’s Gobindobhog rice gets geographical indication status.
- Government to launch Deep Ocean Mission.
- India, Germany ink agreement to improve grid integration of renewable energy.
- Government launches National Sports Talent Search Portal.
- August 29: National Sports Day.
- August 29: International Day Against Nuclear Tests.
Current Affairs 28 August 2017
- ICEX launches world’s first diamond futures contracts .
- ICOSIS unveils Ocean forecasting system for Comoros, Madagascar and Mozambique.
- Justice Dipak Misra sworn in as 45th Chief Justice of India.
- Government inaugurates India’s first Videsh Bhavan in Mumbai.
- DRDO, IAI to produce MRSAM missile system by 2020 for Indian Army.
- Government notifies Banking Regulation (Amendment) Act, 2017.
- Government imposes anti-dumping duty on sodium nitrate imports from China.
Current Affairs 26 August 2017
- NPCI approves Spice Digitals operation under Bharat Bill Payment System.
- Government bans import of gold, silver items from South Korea.
- Government constitutes task force on artificial intelligence.
- GM crops only after biosafety, socio-economic evaluation: Parliamentary Committee.
Current Affairs 25 August 2017
- Government eases norms under UDAN Scheme.
- Moss serves as a cheap pollution monitor: Scientists.
- Microsoft launches Project Brainwave for real-time Artificial Intelligence.
- Government appoints Ashwani Lohani as New Chairman of Railway Board.
Current Affairs 24 August 2017
- India, Nepal sign 8 MoUs.
- Supreme Court declares right to privacy as Fundamental right under constitution.
- CCEA approves renaming SAMPADA Scheme as PM Kisan Sampada Yojana.
- Karnataka ties up with Microsoft to develop India’s first Farm Price Forecasting Model.
- Odisha Government launches rooftop solar project.
- Government notifies new Rs.200 notes.
- Government to establish first National Sports Museum in New Delhi.
Current Affairs 23 August 2017
- Cabinet approves alternative mechanism Framework for consolidation of Public Sector Banks.
- CCEA approves closure of Bharat Wagon and Engineering Company.
- Cabinet approves India-Nepal MoU on Prevention of Illicit Trafficking in Narcotic Drugs.
- Cabinet approves commission on sub-categorisation of OBCs.
- Cabinet approves commission on sub-categorisation of OBCs.
- Nasikabatrachus bhupathi: New frog species with pig face discovered.
- SC strikes down instant Triple Talaq.
- Former Manipur CM Rishang Keishing passes away.
Current Affairs 22 August 2017
- Scientists discover new therapy to prevent sepsis in new born babies.
- Karnataka Government launches clouding seeding Project Varshadhari
- TRAI ink LoI with Malaysian Communications and Multimedia Commission.
- Government announces National Sports Awards 2017.
- 17th meeting of FSDC held in New Delhi.
- ISA extends India’s exclusive rights to explore Polymetallic Nodules.
- ICMR, Health Ministry ink MoU with IVI for vaccine R&D.
- Swasth Bachche, Swasth Bharat Programme launched.
Current Affairs 20 August 2017
- Government launches digital police portal under CCTNS .
- Indian Navy’s second LCU Mark IV L52 ship commissioned at Port Blair.
- Government imposes anti-dumping duty on tempered glass from China .
- Versius: world’s smallest surgical robot developed by UK scientists.
- Scientists discover new state of matter.
- India’s first calf born to surrogate cow in Pune.
- Defence Ministry approves delegation of powers to BRO.
- China launches first cyber court in e-commerce hub of Hangzhou.
Current Affairs 19 August 2017
- Two new species of Earthworm discovered in Kerala.
- India, US establish Two-By-Two Ministerial Dialogue.
- NASA successfully launches Tracking and Data Relay Satellite-M.
- Climate change costs India $10 billion every year: Government.
- 19 August: World Humanitarian Day.
- RBI to issue new Rs 50 currency note.
- 5 Indian-origin persons in Fortune’s 2017 ’40 Under 40′ list.
Current Affairs 18 August 2017
- Scientists develops artificial womb to save premature babies.
- Navika Sagar Parikrama: Indian Navy’s all-woman team to circumnavigate globe.
- Defence Ministry clears proposal to procure 6 Apache attack helicopters for Army.
- Government launches Harit Diwali, Swasth Diwali Campaign.
- NHAI launches MyFASTag and FASTag Partner mobile apps.
- Veteran photographer S Paul passes away.
Current Affairs 17 August 2017
- US designates Hizbul Mujahideen as Foreign Terrorist Organisation.
- Melbourne tops in 2017 EIU Liveability index.
- India has 27,312 elephants: 2017 Census Estimation.
- Malpelo plate: New tectonic microplate discovered off the coast of Ecuador.
- Strengthen safety movement to achieve zero harm
- Cabinet clears stalled North Koel Reservoir Project in Bihar.
- Union Government inks Global Environment Facility Grant Agreement with World Bank.
- Cabinet approves MoU between India and Sweden on IPRs.
Current Affairs 16 August 2017
- Nepal, China sign three pacts to boost energy, economic ties.
- India to host steering committee meeting of TAPI gas pipeline.
- Black Carbon released by aeroplanes may be affecting ozone, monsoon: Study.
- Scientists develop injectable tissue bandage to repair hearts.
- Cabinet approves creation non-lapsable Madhyamik and Uchchtar Shiksha Kosh.
- NPPA caps prices of orthopaedic knee implants.
- CCEA approves procedure and mechanism for Strategic Disinvestment.
Current Affairs 14 August 2017
- El Nino of 2014-16 aided in massive carbon dioxide release: Study.
- IMMSAREX: IONS’s maiden maritime search and rescue exercise will be held in November 2017.
- Scientists develop world’s first plant-based Zika vaccine.
- Indra: India, Russia for first time conduct tri-services exercise.
- India’s first online course on Infusion Therapy launched by INS.
- India-ASEAN Youth Summit begins in Bhopal.
- Earths Largest volcanic region found in Antarctica.
Current Affairs 13 August 2017
- Indian Coast Guard Ship (ICGS) Shaurya was commission in Vasco, Goa.
- Government launches nationwide campaign Gaj Yatra to protect elephants.
Current Affairs 12 August 2017
- Odisha government and Facebook launches ‘SheMeansBusiness’ programme.
- MCX gets SEBI approval to launch India’s first gold options contract.
- 12 August: International Youth Day.
- Economic Survey proposes Transparency of Rules Act.
- Economic Survey 2016-17 Volume II: Agriculture and Food Management Reforms Measures.
- IP output contracts 0.1% in June 2017.
- Prasoon Joshi appointed as new chairman of CBFC.
Current Affairs 11 August 2017
- India and US to co-host Global Entrepreneurship Summit.
- US Scientists develop micropropulsion system based on liquid water.
- 15th BIMSTEC Ministerial meeting begins in Kathmandu.
- Venkaiah Naidu sworn in as 13th Vice President of India.
- National Mission for Clean Ganga approves 10 projects.
- Parliament passes Banking Regulation (Amendment) Bill, 2017.
Current Affairs 10 August 2017
- The National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT) has launched a web portal for supply of textbooks to schools and individuals.
- UP Government launches Namami Gange Jagriti Yatra.
- The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) is planning to launch a full-fledged niche Earth observation (EO) satellite — called the Hyperspectral Imaging Satellite (HySIS).
- National CyberCoordination Centre Made Operational : Government.
- NGT bans use of non-biodegradable plastic bags in Delhi.
- Lok Sabha passes State Banks (Repeal and Amendment) Bill, 2017.
Current Affairs 09 August 2017
- The 75th anniversary of the Quit India Movement was observed across the country. This year’s theme was “Sankalp se Siddhi- the attainment through resolve”.
- NITI Aayog partners with 6 states to transform Health & Education sectors, The shortlisted states for transforming their health sector are Uttar Pradesh, Assam and Karnataka. Madhya Pradesh, Jharkhand and Odisha were selected for transforming their education sector.
- The National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) and Google India have launched Android Skill Development programme to improve mobile developer ecosystem in the country.
- Government to expand Logistics Data Bank project to South India.
- The Union Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation has released Swachh Survekshan Gramin 2017, third party survey report to assess the progress Swach Bharat Mission in rural India.
- India was ranked last at 43rd position in 2017 Global Retirement Index (GRI) published by French asset management company Natixis Global.