A Constituent Unit of T. M. Bhagalpur University, Bhagalpur
The college was established in the year 1898, the year also being celebrated as Diamond Jubilee year of the region of Queen Victoria. To commemorate, if the college was named as Diamond Jubilee College. Initially, the college was affiliated to Intermediate standard in both Arts & Science subjects of Calcutta University. Letter on, in the year 1904, as a result of amendment in university regulation facility for teaching in science subject was withdrawn.
The college was running in a small part of Zila School with the help of handful teachers. The program of the college remained static for many years, due to poor infrastructure, paucity of funds and also for poor strength of students. In the year 1911, the state of Bihar and Orissa come into existence. For the rapid development of education in the newly created state, Patna University was established in the year 1917.
The university come into being with only six colleges, under if jurisdiction and Diamond Jubilee College, Munger was one of there colleges. During British rule a member of attempts were made by various administrators to withdraw authentication of the college but could not succeed in their design and the college survived. In the meantime the venue of the college shifted to several places. Finally in the year 1920, the college to the present location at Hathiagarh.
A new campus in 15 acres of land was planed. The first building to be constructed was the prince of walce building (Presently Art Block). The building was planed as per the wishes of the District Magistrate, Mr. Johnston. It was in the modal of famous English school.
Although, the development of new campus continued but startup of teaching beyond intermediate level could not possible till 1946. Affiliation up to Degree standard was given in all major subjects. In the year 1946, the development of this college got teachers boost by receiving donation of Rs. 1, 00,000 from Mrs. Ramawati Devi ,wife of Raja Devkinandan. Who also expressed desire for adding name of late husband Raja Devkinandan with the present name of the college and it was accordance with her wishes that the name of her husband was added to their of college in 1948.
After 1948 onwards, the developments in the college took place rapidly. Honours teaching in hindi and teaching of commerce started in the year 1948. In the year 1952 , with the establishment of Bihar University at Muzafferpur, the college become an affiliated unit of Bihar University. Teaching of honours courses was initiated in major subjects like History, Political Science, Economics and English during the period 1949-1955. The college was affiliated in B.Com & I.Sc. classes in year 1952.
It was upgraded into B.Sc. in the year 1952. Honours teaching in science subjects started with the opening of Mathematics Honours in the year 1957. Subsequently, the facility was extended in Physics(1960), Chemistry(1961), Botany & Zoology (1967). Teaching of Geography Honours started in the year 1973. With academic & infrastructural upgradation also continued in the forum of construction of separate Science Block, Auditorium, Boys & Girls common room, Library building, Administrative Block and Boys Hostel.
The college celebrates Golden Jubilee on the New Year day of 1960. It was memorable day of the college as Honorable First President of India Dr. Rajendra Prasad and Dr. Jakir Hussan, as the Governor of Bihar grated the occasion. The foundation stone of the college Library was laid down on the same day by the Dr. Rajendra Prasad.
Bhagalpur University was established in the year 1960 and the college becomes constituent unit in the year 1964. After becomes constituent unit of Bhagalpur University, the all pending work of the college library started functioning in the year 1974. Post Graduate courses in six subjects (History, Political Science, Economics, Hindi, English & Commerce) started in the year 1983. Teaching of P.G. in Science Subjects in the year of 1987. In the meantime the U.G.C. upgraded this college Under Graduate teaching College to Post Graduate teaching College. At the Present time P.G. teaching has been temporary withdrawn and we expected to be resumed in near future.
Time passes fast and in the meantime the College celebrated its century in the month of June 2002. The occasion was grated by Sri Shymal Dutta(Governor of Nagaland) & Justice Sri. N. Roy (Patna High Court).
Much has happened during the long history of college and many new developments will take place in future. One move expect that new dimensions in the spread of education would be added soon with the introduction of teaching in Bio-Technology, Management, Information Technology and other similar discipline. The present administration of the college handed by the Principle Dr. R.P.C. Varma is constantly trying for early results.
Welcome to R D and D J College – one of the 2nd largest College in the Tilkamanjhi Bhagalpur University ! It is a matter of high satisfaction that Munger College of R D and D J continues to be one of the highly sought after institution for admissions to IA ,I Sc,BA, B Sc,BCom Courses in college and technology disciplines.
The talented student community,who join in this premier institution,are provided state of art knowledge and are equipped with opportunities to work on cutting edge technology product.
Over the years,R D and D J College has earned high repute for its innovative new product development by the talented UG student community.The recognition.
No wonder,R D and D J College is visited by large number of highly reputed,world renowned industries and corporate for campus placements.For india,in R D and D J College,the faith reposed by the industries in our graduates is a matter of high value and is a continued source of encouragement.The strong Alumni community of R D and D J College have made this institution proud by their rich contibution to the profession of engineering in organizations and industries they served worldwide.This continues to inspire our student community to set high goals for their professional life.
A multi-faculty premier institution, with highly qualified academicians imparting education in different fields, the College today enjoys a reputation for outstanding performance in academics, sports and extra-curricular activities. Over the years, the College has built up an impressive infrastructure. It includes a well-stocked Central Library with a Text Book section, Department Libraries for science subjects and a Book Bank for needy students. It is also equipped with audio-visual and other educational aids, four computer Labs and 18 Science laboratories. An seating capacity of 100 and a Hostel accommodating about 800 undergraduate boys also grace its campus.
Its sports facilities include a vast playground, an indoor sports complex, playrooms and an electronic shooting range. The College promotes organization of seminars, lectures, N.S.S., N.C.C. and other co-curricular activities. For the benefit of meritorious and needy students, the College has a number of scholarships and freeships. It also provides, on its premises, ATM and banking facilities through a branch of Canara Bank. The College also has a Placement Cell for providing employment opprtunities to graduating students through campus recruitment in blue-chip companies.
Every year, about 300 students are placed through this cell. So, as we shape outstanding global careers in various fields, leading names from the industry and academia look up to us for trained, intelligent and capable minds. As the stream of talents flows from this College to the world, join us to create and discover a new world!
– Dr. Ram Prakash Chandra Varma
|List of Departments|