Ph.D. Admission Test-2017
Online applications are invited latest by February 14,2018 for Ph.D. Admission Test (PAT) – 2017 scheduled to be held on Februory 24, 2018 from lhe candidates having Master’sdegree with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7-point scale (or on equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed). A relaxation of 5% at marks, from 55% to 50%, or on equivalentn relaxation of grade, will be Allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/EBC/OBC/ Differently-abled categories of candidates.
The fee structure of the test will be as follows:- 3. For SC/ST categories: – Rs. 700/- and
4. For All other categories – Rs. 1,000/-
Eligibility for Ph.D. Admission Test (PAT) – 2017
(i) Candidates for admission to the Ph.D. programme shall have a Master’s degree with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed).
(ii) A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, will be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/EBC/OBC/Differently-abled categories of candidates.
(iii) A candidate shall ordinarily be permitted to pursue research for the Ph.D. degree in the subject in which he/she holds Master’s degree.
Procedure for Ph.D. Admission Test (PAT) – 2017
1. The PAT is a written test comprising two papers of 100 marks each.
- Paper I – 100 marks – objective/ multiple choice questions on general and research aptitude.
- Paper II – 100 marks – subjective type in the subject concerned based on syllabus (excluding elective papers) of the Post-Graduate courses of the Patna University.
Interview – 20 marks
The minimum qualifying marks for written test will be as follows:
For General candidates – 50% aggregate marks
For Reserved category candidates – 45% aggregate marks
The selection of the candidate will be on the basis of marks obtained in PAT and interview combined together.
Paper I – Multiple choice type.
No. of Questions – 50
Duration of examination – 1 hour.
No negative marking.
Examination will be conducted on OMR sheet.
Students are not allowed to take out the questions booklets of Paper I.
Paper II – Subjective, Duration of Examination 2 Hours.
Based on the syllabus (excluding elective papers) of the Post-Graduate Course of Patna University.
The paper will be divided into three Groups.
- Marks Distribution – Group A – 30 marks – 5 x 6 = 30
- Group B – 40 marks – 4 x 10 = 40
- Group C – 30 marks – 2 x 15 = 30
- Group A – Total Eight short answer type questions to be set of which five are to be answered (expected length of each answer – 150 words approximately).
- Group B – Total Seven questions to be set of which four are to be answered (expected length of each answer – 200 words approximately).
- Group C – Total Four questions to be set of which two are to be answered (expected length of each answer 500 words approximately).
- The candidates are directed to answer questions in sequential order.
Important Dates :
Date of Entrance Test – 24.02.2018
Time of Examination
- Paper I (objective) – 11.30 A.M. to 12.30 P.M. (1 Hour)
- Paper II (subjective) – 12.45 P.M. to 2.45 P.M. (2 Hours)
Download Admit Card of PAT – 2017 from 20 February, 2018 onward.
For further deloils Pleose visit www.patnauniversity.ac.in.