Consortium of National Law University
Apply portal Re-open for Common Law Entrance Test 2020
Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) is a centralised test for admission to 22 National Law Universities in India. 43 other education institutes and two public sector institutes are also eligible to use these scores. The test is conducted for admissions to undergraduate (UG) and postgraduate (PG) law programmes offered by 22 National Law Universities around the country.
CLAT is organized by the Consortium of National Law Universities consisting of the representative universities.
The test is taken after the Higher Secondary Examination or the 12th grade for admission to integrated under graduation course in Law and after Graduation in Law for Master of Laws(LL.M) courses conducted by these law universities.
Registrations are open since 1st January, 2020 and will remain open until 10th July, 2020.
Exam Date :
The Students are eagerly waited for the Announcement of CLAT-2020 Exam Date are notified that The CLAT 2020 Examination will be held online mode on 7th September 2020.
Important Dates :
- Registration Starts From : 1st January 202
- Last Date of Registration : 15th August 2020
- Examination Date : 7th September 2020 (Updated)
- Constitutional Law – 40 Marks
- Other Law Subjects such as Contract, Torts, Criminal Law, International Law, IPR and Jurisprudence – 60 Marks
- Negative Marking – 0.25 Mark will be deducted for each wrong answer
Eligibility for UG Course :
- There will be no upper age limit for UG Programme in CLAT 2019.
- As regards minimum percentage of marks in the qualifying examination (i.e., 10+2 or an equivalent examination), the candidates must have secured:
- Forty five percent (45%) marks or its equivalent grade in case of candidates belonging to General/OBC/PWD/NRI/PIO/OCIcategories
- Forty Percent (40%) marks or equivalent in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST categories.
- Candidates who are appearing in the qualifying examination in March/April, 2019 are also eligible to appear in CLAT-2019 examination. However, they shall be required to produce an evidence of their passing the qualifying examination at the time of admission, failing which they shall lose their right to be considered for admission.
- The result of the qualifying examination (i.e., 10+2) shall be submitted by the candidate at the time of admission failing which the candidate shall be ineligible for admission to the Course.
- In case of equal marks, the break of tie shall be by the following procedure and order as under:
- Higher marks in the component /section on legal aptitude in the CLAT-2019 exam;
- Higher age;
- Computerised draw of lots.
Eligibility for PG Course :
- An LL.B Degree or an equivalent examination with a minimum of Fifty five percent (55%) of marks or its equivalent grade in case of candidates belonging to General/OBC/PWD/NRI/PIO/OCI categories and Fifty percent (50%) of marks or its equivalent grade in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST categories.
- Candidates appearing in the qualifying examination in April/May 2019 are also eligible to apply.
- No upper age limit is prescribed for appearing in CLAT-2019.
How to Apply For CLAT 2020 :
- Click on the link which is given below.
- A new page will be opened.
- Click on Register and complete the Registration Process.
- Now Login with the Mobile Number and Password which are used during Registration Process.
- Fill the Application Form and Submit.
The Students who want to Apply for CLAT 2020, they can Apply from here by just clicking on th link which is given below :
If any query, then you can ask in the Comment Box…..