Babasaheb Bhimrao Ambedkar Bihar University
Important Update First :
- Examination form for graduation part one of BRABU examination 2021 will be filled up till April 20 without late fee
- Portal opens to apply for the admission of graduation BRABU part one session 2022-25 from 15th April
- PG second semester Bihar university AEC1 examination on 16th April
- PG second semester session 2019-21 practical from 18th to 23rd of April
- Application till 30th of April for the admission of BILIS course of BRABU session 2022-23 in LS college
About University :
The B.R. Ambedkar Bihar University popularly called University of Bihar was separated from Patna University on 2 January 1952.
Chronology of formation:
- The Bihar University Act 1960 bifurcated University of Bihar into three separate entities, i.e. (1) Bihar University, Muzaffarpur (2) Ranchi University, Ranchi (3)Bhagalpur University, Bhagalpur.
- Later The Bihar University Act 1961 paved the way for Bihar University and Magadh University. Again in 1973 the Bihar University separated into Bihar University in Muzaffarpur and Mithila University in Darbhanga.
- Once more in the year 1990 the Bihar University Muzaffarpur was separated into Bihar University, Muzaffarpur and J.P.University, Chapra.
- In 1992 the University was renamed as Babasaheb Bhimrao Ambedkar Bihar University, Muzaffarpur. Now the university is known as B.R.Ambedkar Bihar University, Muzaffarpur.
For further information related to BRABU click on the links provided below:
List of Courses in B. R. Ambedkar Bihar University, Muzaffarpur
Babasaheb Bhimrao Ambedkar Bihar University popularly also known as B. R. Ambedkar Bihar University, is a state university located in the north prime of Bihar state in the city of Muzaffarpur in India. Established in 1960, this university has 37 constituent colleges. Distance education courses are also offered. Besides, the university organizes symposium, seminars and workshops. It is a premier institution of teaching and learning in the city and offers full-time and part-time courses ranging from undergraduate to postgraduate and research level.
The Courses offered by the University are approved from University Grants Commission (UGC). The university is a premier institution of teaching and learning in the city and offers various full-time and part-time courses ranging from undergraduate to postgraduate and research level. The university also acts as an affiliated link between several colleges and institutes located across the state in providing higher education. The University is a member of The Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
The University Grants Commission has been assisting colleges for procuring personal computers since 1987 under the scheme of providing computers to Colleges. In the X Plan UGC proposes to establish UGC Network Resource Centres (UGC-NRC) in Colleges, where assistance would be provided for the purchase of Computers and also for Internet Connectivity. All Colleges under UGC purview i.e. under section 2(f) and 12B of the UGC Act which are not having computer facility so far under this scheme.
History At A Glance
- On 02.01.1952 Universities of Bihar was separated from Patna University, but with its headquarters at Patna.
- In the year 1960 – The Bihar State Universities Act 1960 bifurcated the existing University of Bihar into three separate Universities, namely; (1) Bihar University, Muzaffarpur (2) Ranchi University, Ranchi (3) Bhagalpur University, Bhagalpur.
- Again in the year 1961 – The Bihar University Act 1961 bifurcated the existing Bihar University, Muzaffarpur into Bihar University, Muzaffarpur and Magadh University, Bodh Gaya.
- Again in the year 1973 Bihar University, Muzaffarpur, was bifurcated into Bihar University, Muzaffarpur and Mithila University,Darbhanga.
- In the year 1990 – Again Bihar University, Muzaffarpur was bifurcated into Bihar University, Muzaffarpur and J.P. University, Chapra.
- In the year 1992 – The name of Bihar University was changed to BABASAHEB BHIMRAO AMBEDKAR BIHAR UNIVERSITY, MUZAFFARPUR and since then it is known as B.R. Ambedkar Bihar University, Muzaffarpur.
Self Financing Courses
- Master in Computer Application
- Master in Business Application
- Master in Audiology and Speech Language Pathology
- Master in Science (Fish & Fisheries)
- Master in Library and Information Science(Integrated)
- Master in Journalism and Mass Communication
- Bachelor in Business Application
- Bachelor in Computer Application
- Bachelor in Library Science One year
- Bachelor in Library Science
- Bachelor in Mass Communication
- Bachelor in Physio-Therapy
- Bachelor in Audiology and Speech Language Pathology
- Bachelor in Occupational Therapy
- Bachelor in Education (Spl)
- Bachelor in Clinical Nutrition and Dietetics
- Bachelor in Industrial Microbiology
- Bachelor in Biotechnology
- Bachelor in Industrial Chemistry
- Bachelor in Industrial Fish & Fisheries
- Bachelor in Advertising Sales & Promotion Management
- Certificate in Clinical psychology
Under Graduation Courses :
- Political Science
- Home Sc.
- A.I.H & C.
- P.K & J
Bachelor in Commerce (With Specialization in)
- Money and Financial System
- Business Organization
- Commercial Accounting
- Bachelor of Education (B.Ed)
- Bachelor of Physical Education
- Bachelor of Law (pre)
- Bachelor of Law
- Bachelor of Unani Medical Science
- Bachelor of Homeopathy in Medical Science
- Bachelor of Occupational Therapy
- Bachelor of Ayuraveda Medical Science
- Bachelor of Audiology and Speech Language Pathology
- Bachelor of Science in:
Post graduation Course:
Master of Arts in
- Political Sc.
- Home Sc.
- A.I.H & C
- P.K & J
- Master of Commerce
- Master of Science in
Master Degree in Ayurveda
Master Degree in Homeopathic
- Certificate in Computer
- Food Science Quality Control
- Fashion Designing
- Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Application
- Post Graduate Diploma in Hindi Journalism & Mass Communication
- Post Graduate Diploma in Yogic Studies
- Post Graduate Diploma in Clinical psychology
Doctor of Philosophy in
Babasaheb Bhimrao Ambedkar University of offering education through 39 constituent colleges, 17 affiliated colleges, 03 law colleges, 02 Management colleges, 15 Homeopathy colleges, 03 affiliated Ayurveda colleges, 01 Govt, 03 affilliated Unani colleges, 01 Govt, 03 constituent and 35 affilliated B.Ed colleges.
The University has more than 24 post graduate departments functioning in its own campus.
List of B.Ed. Colleges in B.R.A. Bihar University, Muzaffarpur (Bihar)
- Government college of Teacher Education, Turki,Muz
- L.N. College, Bhagwanpur, Vaishali (Constituent)
- C. N. College,Sahebganj, Muz
- T.P Verma College, Narkatiaganj
- Dr. Jagannath Mishra B.Ed. College,Muz
- L.N Mishra B.Ed. College,Motihari
- Chaurasiya Raj Kishore B.Ed College,Hajipur
- S.P. Singh B.Ed. College,Muz.
- Lichchhwi B.Ed. College,Hajipur
- Basundhara Teacher’s Training College,Silout,Muz.
- R.S.S. B.Ed. College, Chochahan, Muz
- Paramount B.Ed. College, Kanti, Muz.
- Mahatma Buddha Teacher’s Training College, Sitamarhi
- Chandrasheel B.Ed. College,Kesavpur,Bairo, Vaishali
- Ram Baran Rai B.Ed College,Sathi, West Champaran
- Balmiki Teacher’s Training College,Sahwajpur,Balukaram, Vaishali
- Vishunrajdeo B.Ed College,Kiratpur,Bhagwanpur,Vaishali
- Jageshwar Rai Arti B.Ed College, Kanhauli,Vaishali
- Vaishali Institute of Education,Lalganj,Vaishali
- Vedant Institute of Education,Lalganj,Vaishali
- National College of Education,Pokhraira,Muz
- Radha Krishna Sikaria Educational Institute ,Radha Nagar,Motihari
- Bharti Shikshak Parshikshan Mahavidyalaya, Sadatpur, Muz
- Dashrath Prasad Institute of Teachers Training College, Basantpur,Badatola, chhatuni,Motihari
- Siddiqui Memorial Teachers Training College, Sarmastpur,sakra,Dholi, Muzaffarpur
- Bhuban Malti Teachers Training College, Basantpur,Bsdatola,Chhatauni,Motihari
- L.P Shahi Institute Teachers Education , Dighra, Muzaffarpur
- Shaheed Promod College,Susta, Madhopur,Muzaffarpur
- Exault College of Education Hajipur,Vaishali
- Bihar College of Education ,Hajipur,Vaishali
- S.M Hashmi Education and Welfare Trust Group of Institute Pathantoli,Motihari(West Champaran)
- J. M Institute of Speech & Hearing ,Turki, Muz.
- Sri Narain Sharma Teacher’s Training College,Motihari
- Indu Devi Ranjeet Kumar, Prakash Proffesional Coleege,Hajipur,Vaishali
- Ram Sharan Rai B.Ed College, Panapur, Makkanpur,Jandaha,Vaishali
- Sant Tapaswi Narayan Das Teacher’s Training College,Dostpur,Khariwi,Bariyarpur,Bathnaha,Sitamarhi