Indira Gandhi National Open University
Apply For Admission For Open and Distance Learning
Last Date to Apply Extended till 16th August 2020
The Students who are interested in Open and Distance Courses of Indira Gandhi Open University, they can Apply for Admission in the Course from here.
Students who are already enrolled in a programme of one year or longer duration can also simultaneously register themselves for any Certificate programme of 6 months’ duration. However, if there is any clash of dates of counselling or examination schedule between the two programmes taken, the University will not be in a position to make adjustments.
Simultaneously pursuing two academic Programmes of one year or longer duration either from the same University, or one from the Open University (under ODL mode) and the other from Conventional University (regular or face-to face mode) is not permitted, as of now.
IGNOU Degrees/Diplomas/Certificates are recognized by all member universities of the Association of Indian Universities (AIU) and are at par with Degrees/Diplomas/ Certificates of all Indian Universities/ Institutions, as per UGC Circular letter No. F.1-52/2000(CPP-II) dated 5th May, 2004, AIU Circular No. EV/11(449/94/176915-177115 dated January 14, 1994, AICTE Circular No. AICTE/Academic/ MOU-DEC/ 2005 dated May 13, 2005 and UGC/DEB/2013 dated 14.10.2013.
Important Instructions :
- Name and other details entered by the applicant need to be the same as in the Educational Documents
- Applicant can log in to the admission portal through their registered email address, only.
- Applicant must use his own active email address.
- The Email address provided by the applicant must be functional and the applicant must have access to it throughout the admission process.
- Applicants are encouraged to use latest version of Google Chrome web browser for filling the application form.
- If you are a first time applicant you are advised to click the available programme tab on the homepage of the Online Admission System and select the desired programme and carefully read the details of programme including eligibility criteria, fee details, duration, etc.
- You are also requested to download the Common Prospectus and read carefully the Rules of the University (Section 06) as mentioned in the common prospectus. You may also read sections 1, 7, 8, 9, 12 and 13.
- Click on the button NEW REGISTRATION that appears in the applicant login area and fill the required registration details.
- Remember, while choosing your UserName it must be between 8 to 16 characters.
- While choosing your password it must be alphanumeric and between 8 to 16 characters long.
- After filling the mandatory information click the “SUBMIT” button.
- Your username will be instantly sent to you via e-mail and SMS.
- Remember your Username and Password for subsequent login.
- If you have already registered i.e you are an existing user click the “LOGIN” button.
- Fee can be paid by following methods:
- Credit Card (Master/Visa)
- Debit Card (Master/Visa/Rupay)
- Net Banking
Before proceeding for filling the form online the applicant must have the following:-
- Scanned Photograph (less than 100 KB)
- Scanned Signature (less than 100 KB)
- Scanned copy of Age Proof (less than 200 KB)
- Scanned copy of relevant Educational Qualification (less than 200 KB)
- Scanned Copy of Experience Certificate (if any) (less than 200 KB)
- Scanned Copy of Category Certificate, if SC/ST/OBC (less than 200 KB)
- Scanned Copy of BPL Certificate, if Below Poverty Line(less than 200 KB)
Steps to Apply for IGNOU Online Program :
- Open the URL (https://ignouadmission.samarth.edu.in)
- Complete Registration process (which creates ‘User Name’ and ‘Password’ for you).
- Your ‘User Name’ and ‘Password’ is informed through SMS and email.
- Re-login to the system using your ‘User Name’ and ‘Password.’
- Fill Admission Form online.
- Upload your recent passport size Photograph (maximum size 100KB in JPG format).
- Upload your specimen signature (maximum size 100KB in JPG format).
- Upload scanned copies of the relevant documents (maximum size 200KB each document in JPG/PDF format).
- Read the instruction and declaration carefully by clicking the ‘Declaration’ box.
- Preview your data and confirm details.
- Make payment of Fee through the Credit/Debit card/Net Banking.
- Payment confirmation message is sent to you through SMS and email.
- Press Next button to see the form preview.
- After the final submission of online application form, your may download the filled in application form and keep a printout for your record
If the payment has been deducted but you did not get acknowledgement for the same, please email the transaction details including the Control Number, your name, programme opted, mobile number, amount paid etc. to the Centralised Student Registration Cell at 011-29571301 or 011-29571528. You can email at [email protected] If required, you may escalate and submit your grievance to our website at http://igram.ignou.ac.in/.
Once the application Form is successfully submitted, your form will be scrutinised by IGNOU staff and if it fulfils the eligibility criteria you will receive a confirmation to that effect at your registered email address.
If a deficiency is found in the application, you will receive a communication from IGNOU informing you about the discrepancy. After successful processing of your form, the University will provide you further information with regard to confirmation of your admission, allotment of study centre and other details for induction etc. in due course of time.
The Admission forms submitted through the Online Admission System are scrutinised and confirmed for admission subject to fulfilment of eligibility criteria. The forms are processed region wise on a first come first serve basis. Therefore, the time required for processing of forms for different Regional Centres may vary depending on the number of applicants from the respective regions.